Friday, March 03, 2006

 

Member Profile: Dawn Farrell


Name: Dawn Hartman Farrell

Birth place: Walnut Creek, CA

Classification: Investment Advisor

Family Members: Husband William, son Byron, son Graeme

When did you become a member of the Rotary Family?
January 2005. Became a Rotary member when the Club was chartered in June 2005.

What is your favorite part about Rotary or what would like to accomplish as a Rotarian?I have worked in the Wells Fargo Building (downtown) since moving to Sacramento in October 1989. I live in the West Sacramento (since 1994) and my kids go to school and play sports in West Sacramento so I have a “vested interest” in the welfare of the community. I want to give back to my local community and be able to be involved in projects where I can see the effects of Rotary’s work.

My favorite part about Rotary is the fellowship and camaraderie of our club. Since our club is (still) small that has allowed us the chance (at the ground level) to really get to know each one of our members.

What advice would you give someone who is new to Rotary?

It is a wonderful way to meet people of your community and will also allow your family to get involved with you.

More about Dawn....

I enjoy spending quality time with my family (traveling, snow skiing, water skiing, baseball & other sports). My “secret life” is being involved with (barefoot) water skiing. Former National (slalom & tricks) and World (slalom) divisional record holder. 1999 US Senior Barefoot Water Ski Team – World Championship Gold medal (first time in the US that a husband & wife have ever represented their country together on the same team).

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?